Prof. Cecilia Persson
I lead the BioMaterial Systems (BMS) research group within the Division of Applied Materials Science. My aim is to take an integrated approach to solving clinical problems. To do this, we use our combined competence in materials science, mechanical and biological engineering.
I am the co-ordinator of the NU-SPINE network, an international Innovative Training Network funded by the EU, aiming to develop new materials and implants for the spine.
I am the director of VINNOVA Competence Centre of Additive Manufacturing for the Life Sciences , focusing on the development, provision and support of future competence in Additive Manufacturing (3D-printing) for the Life Sciences. Many synergies are expected with the Ångström Initiative on Additive Manufacturing, where I am chair of the advisory board.
- 2018-current Professor in Applied Materials Science with Specialization in Biomaterials, Uppsala University
- 2015-2018 Senior lecturer/Assoc. Prof. in Engineering Science with Specialization in Materials Science, Uppsala University
- 2011-2015 Lecturer/Ass. Prof. in Engineering Science with Specialization in Materials Science, Uppsala University
- 2009-2011 Researcher, Uppsala University.
- 2006-2009 PhD in Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds
- 2005-2006 Researcher, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli
- 1999-2004 European MSc in Materials Engineering, Luleå University of Technology, Lorraine University of Technology (EEIGM), Technical University of Catalonia
Telephone: +46 (0) 70 248 96 24 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org