BMS GROUP MEMBERS
FORMER GROUP MEMBERS
- Richard Hall (visiting Professor, 2018, 2019)
- Susan Peacock (project coordinator)
- Anna Diez Escudero (post-doc, 2017-2019)
- Gry Hulsart Billström (post-doc, 2016-2018)
- Dan Wu (PhD student, 2015-2019)
- Jun Luo (PhD student, 2014-2018)
- Christina Stelzl (research assistant, 2018)
- Charlotte Hopkinson (MSc student, 2019)
- Rachel Stoakes (MSc student, 2019)
- Yuling Liu (MSc student, 2019)
- Iain Christie (MSc student, 2018)
- Léa Le Scouarnec (summer student, 2018)
Dan Wu - Post doc
I am a Post doc with focus on biomechanics of trabecular bone, including material-level trabecular elastic properties, screw implant primary stability and a bit augmentation material in bone. Research techniques used are mainly microCT, digital volume correlation and FEM.
- MSc in Materials Science and Engineering, 2014, Shandong University, China
- PhD in Biomaterial Systems in September 2019, Uppsala University, Sweden
Anders Westermark - PhD Student
My research project is aimed at biomaterials for bone defects, especially more complicated cases with large bone loss and difficult biological conditions. The research is performed parallel to working at Uppsala University hospital.
- 2011 Board certified specialist in orthopaedic surgery
Elin Åkerlund - Project Student
Professor Hall has an undergraduate degree in Physics from the University of Leeds and was awarded a PhD from the University of Lancaster. He rejoined the University of Leeds as a jointly appointed Lecturer in the Schools of Mechanical Engineering and Medicine. His appointment is now solely within the School of Mechanical Engineering. Residing within the School his research interests are related to medical engineering particularly of the spine as well as other joints including the hip.
Professor Hall is a visiting professor until September 2019.
- 2018 - 2019, Christina Stelzl, research assistant. The biological response to biomaterials.
- 2018 - 2019, Gry Hulsart-Billström, post-doctoral researcher. The biological response to biomaterials. Currently a researcher in the Biomaterials for trauma Group the Dept Surgical Science, Orthopedics, Uppsala University
- 2018, Iain Christie, MSc Project Student. Investigating the use of a low-modulus bone cement in new applications.
- 2018, Jun Luo, PhD. Calcium Phosphate Based Biomaterials for Bone Augmentation. Now a post-doctoral researcher at Sichuan University.
- 2018, Léa Le Scouarnec, visiting student. Preparation and characterization of new antibiotic-loaded bone cement for vertebroplasty.